Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Trading Post (not even a mouse edition)


Dollar drops, gold ups, miners relief rally. Anything else need to be said here?

Canplats (CPQ.v) up 54% at $4.85 and the star of Christmas week trading on 10X volumes. I LOL'd a lot at the Bloomie version of the news that had Newmont this, Newmont that...and...errr...oh yeah those Mexicoans might have had summink to do with it. Hey, you London Bloomie Dumbass hacko, does 56/44 mean anything to you?

MAG Silver (MVG)(MAG.to) up 4.4% at U$6.14. People starting to catch on, perhaps (though volumes not high)? Abysmal mgmt about to be pushed aside? Who's to tell......

Fronteer Development (FRG) up 6.4% at U$3.97 and my idea of a short term pop-up play as per The IKN Weekly issue 34 from last Sunday. For sure pity I didn't pick Canplats, but hey...winz a win, no?

Troy Resources (TRY.to) down 3.3% at $2.06. I know what I'm supposed to do, cos I read it in 'The Boy's Own Book of Bullshit Pumping, 1984'. I'm supposed to tell you something like "oh you liked it at $2.50...well you'll LOVE it at $2 (smiley icon, plenty of exclamation marks, 4 paras of pumpy guff follows)". This stock isn't for the hot money momo sheep, it's for people who truly understand underlying value and as such the type of people that don't need pumpjobs in their faces. DYODD.

Dia Bras (DIB.v) up 8.3% today at $0.195. Good.