Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good weekend reading from respected bruddasites*

News of the Restless does Paraguay, and it's good to filter the actual interview via Bina to get some context. Basically Lugo was so darned impressive that not even the region's second worst hack could get snarky.

The Mex Files is my newest and bestest friend because he has sent me a freebie copy of his new book. I'm four chapters in already (it's far too readable for my own good...me got real work to do) and soon as I get a decent chunk of time away from numbery stuff I'm dedicating the necessary time to the book, so expect a review to appear here as soon as I'm done. (Note to world: Otto is shamelessly bought by freebies). Get your copy at this link right here.

Sapitos de la Noche is back from a Venezuelan jungle jaunt, and is making up for lost time with some great posts on his adventures. Go see.

Remember the US Peace Corps "emergency evacuation" from Bolivia? Want to find out how totally bogus it was from the Peace Corps workers themselves? Check over at Abiding.

The great news from Borev is that I came 'second runner up' in the fabulous caption competition. This magnificent result more than makes up for my unfulfilled life's ambition of getting to the final five in a beauty pageant. I'm wearing a tiara as I type.

*and sistasites, bina